Our Frequently Asked Questions section is designed to answer basic questions about Ameritrust Residential Services, what is required to become a vendor with us, and much more. Please take some time to review these questions and answers before contacting us or applying, as this information will save you time along the way.
Ameritrust Residential Services is the construction and maintenance division for RESICAP, the leading vertically integrated single source solution for single family residential assets in the US. Ameritrust Residential manages over 3,000 active contractors, has renovated over 15,000 homes, and has completed over 150,000 work orders. We were awarded #76 in Qualified Remodeler’s Top 500 in 2017 and our growth trajectory continues to increase. Put your trust in Ameritrust Residential and you’ll quickly see what we can do for you!
- Licensed General Contractors
- ALL LICENSED GENERAL / SPECIALTY TRADESMEN, including:
- Heating & Cooling
- Punch Crews
- Maintenance Technicians, particularly:
- After hours vendors
- Emergency vendors
- You MUST HAVE:
- GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
- WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE
- Experience in residential remodeling or rehab required
- Professional certification in at least one construction maintenance discipline
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Your own tools for the job
You will also need to submit the following documents to get certified:
- Completed IRS Form W9
- Completed Certificate of Insurance (Acord 25) – Ameritrust Residential Services MUST be added as an additional insured on the policy and listed as a certificate holder.
- State licenses and/or certificates of competency
- Signed and dated Independent Contractor Agreement
- Pass criminal background check, if required
All general contractors and certain specialty trades, including plumbers, electricians, mechanical (HVAC) and roofers MUST be licensed to work with us.
Other trades, such as cleaners, landscapers and painters may not need to be licensed (please check with your recruiting contact).
Once all you paperwork has been submitted, reviewed and approved by our team, you will be activated in our system as a certified vendor. As soon as work becomes available, we will give you a call. However, please note:
- We do not guarantee any work
- There is no set date when work will be available
- Work may be provided to vendors based on specialty, location, need, past work history, or other factor, and is assigned at the discretion of the project manager
Please DO NOT call us asking for work. We will reach out to you.
Ameritrust Residential Services offers 20-day net payment terms from order close out. Payments are typically made via direct deposit, which is a faster, safer and more secure way to pay than standard paper checks.
HoneyBadger is our proprietary software for managing construction projects and maintenance work orders.
Once you are become a certified vendor, we will send you a schedule with all available training times. It is your responsibility to book training times based on your schedule and availability. We will also provide links to available tutorials on our YouTube page.
(Note: for HoneyBadger CM portal, you may call the help desk to schedule training).